Ok, I know. Three weeks since my last post of substance. BUT I have a couple good reasons that I’ve been away from blogging:
1. Boundaries, by Henry Cloud & John Townsend – great little self help book I’ve been reading about where to draw the line with relationships in my life. It’s a Christian based self helper & I have no problem admitting that I’m reading it. Great scripture to back up some tough decisions that we all have to make at some point in our lives.
2. Celebration of Discipline, by Richard Foster – Our bible study is working through this book. Old one, but good one. One of those books that makes you reevaluate your life and the way you are living it. I’d put it on the recommended reading list.
3. Birthday Celebrations all week. So blessed to have people in my life who love me enough to get me ginormous ( I realize this is not a real word, but its good enough for Elf, and its good enough for me) balloons & decorate my office for my day. This was the photo of the day in that circulated around the office on Tuesday. NBD.
And yes, that is a pink frilly birthday crown. Never too old for a birthday crown that lights up.
4. My new toy – a bike!! Not a motorcycle, not a moped, but a nerdy nerdy bicycle. Ha. But before I get too defensive, bicycles are back on the rise! I’m bringing them back. I’ve made so many Columbus bike friends, and the trails down here are awesome!! I’m pretty fired up to try out some of these trails, just sayin.
This decision has been 6 months in the making – and has been quite the big purchase!! I was a little Homerville bike rider growing up, literally rode my bike everywhere, but lost my interest when I got my drivers license…duh. So my cousin is brining me back into it! He has literally called me every week for the past 6 months and sneakily coerced me into a bike purchase!! haha. He’s an avid cycler, and he’s trying to get me over to the dark side from my little runner world. Not sure if it can take the place of running, but I’m loving this new workout change! And I know when it gets nice out, I’m not going to want to be indoors at my spinning class. So it seems like the perfect little combo, my love for spinning and my love for the outdoors! Looking into some races do do with my cuz for the fall.
Johnny is also training for a triathalon this fall – hope he doesn’t push his buttons and try to get me that far over the edge…haha.
But as nerdy as it is, I’m pretty excited about it. Insanely awesome photos to come…
5. These amazing women in my life who came to visit for my birthday this weekend. Where would I be without them? Seriously love you all & the place you have in my little heart. 🙂
🙂 No complaints about my 23 year old life right now. Give me some sunshine Ohio, and I’ll be on cloud 9.