“There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
1. Go on long bike rides in the middle of what would be a workday & enjoy amazing views like this:
Starting the central Ohio park tour, if you will. Running / Biking / Hiking my way through central Ohio parks these next couple weeks.
2. Train for another 1/2 marathon!!! Yes, I was warned they were addicting. And no, I never thought I’d be someone to fall victim to the 1/2 marathon world. But I want it again!! Its happened. Registered for the Tacoma Narrows Half, on August 6th!! Bring on the training!!
3. Read all the books I’ve never had a chance to read. My library checkout list at the moment is actually pretty embarrassing.
4. Explore downtown. Umm yeah? Finding super cute Columbus shops / great bars / awesome little restaurants…who knew?! I was thrown into this city a year ago and really haven’t had the time to check it all out.
5. Organize your entire life. Literally, into a filing cabinet.
I realize this is a little OCD. I embrace it.
6. Soul search / solve the world’s problems. You know.
7. Spend time with my grandparents. 🙂
8. Learn more about photography. (secret little desire of mine!)
9. Volunteer! Finally having the time to give back feels pretty stellar!
10. ENJOY LIFE. For the first time in a long time I don’t have to answer to anyone, I don’t have any responsibilities, and no one depends on me. I can just do me. And I like doing me. Maybe this little break is just what I needed. 🙂
“I came that you may have and enjoy life in abundance, to the full, until it overflows.” – John 10:10
PS- I guarantee my very next post will be a major meltdown about bills / student loans / rent, and my lack of a paycheck…but right now it doesn’t seem to be bothering me for some reason…
Just prepare for the real meltdown. This bliss can’t last forever. I’m sure of it.
And, good article for all my fellow unemployed homies: http://www.mainstreet.com/slideshow/career/employment/upside-unemployment-15-stories